STOP DREAMING AND START FLYING
Bay Aviation provides quality flight instruction at reasonable rates. Flight training in our Cessna 172 will get you on the fast track to earning your private pilot's license. We tailor our program to help you obtain your license on your schedule. We also offer private one-on-one ground instruction to help you pass your FAA written exam.
Learning to fly is an adventure for those both young and old. It is a valuable skill, priceless experience, and a way to develop new goals and ambitions. Become a pilot, and join the most authentic, exclusive Mile High Club in the world!
OUR SCHOOL PLANE
Bay Aviation maintains its aircraft in accordance with, and beyond, all Federal Aviation Administration guidelines. Our school plane, a Cessna 172 Skyhawk, had an engine overhaul in 2008 with new paint and interior in 2009. This Skyhawk is IFR certified, with two NavComs, one glideslope, Automatic Direction Finder (ADF), as well as a mounted Garmin 396 Global Positioning System unit. The plane also has fiber optic instrument lighting. It is a very forgiving and smooth aircraft that is perfect for both rookie and advanced pilots.
PRIVATE PILOT REQUIREMENTS
There are a few requirements you must fulfill before and whilst you are studying for your pilot's license:
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
- Must be 16 years old to fly an aircraft solo with appropriate endoresments.
- Must be 17 years old to test for the private pilot's license.
- Must receive ground instruction on various required-knowledge topics.
- Must have 40 hours of flight instruction in an airplane, of which
- at least 20 hours must be dual instruction (flown with your instructor)
- at least 10 hours must be flown solo (by yourself)
- Must pass a third class flight medical.
- Must pass a written exam adminstered by the Federal Aviation Administration with no score lower than a 70%.
- Must pass a check flight with a Federal Aviation Administration designated flight examiner.
If you are a licensed pilot with a tailwheel endoresement, don't miss out on your opportunity to train in our warbird! Not only will it be a great addition to your logbook, but it will also make you a better pilot. Train the way the cadets did in our Fairchild PT-19!